Effective Date: April 16th, 2021
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (TERMS) BEFORE USING THE SERVICES (AS DEFINED BELOW). THEY ARE THE RULES AND REQUIREMENTS THAT APPLY TO THE SERVICES. DO NOT PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION, REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT (AS DEFINED BELOW), OR USE THE SERVICES IF YOU ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH THESE TERMS.
Welcome to curaJOY (we, our, us, or the Company). By purchasing a subscription to, registering an account for, or using our products, including all of the services provided therein, and any other websites, applications, and online services that link to these Terms (collectively, the Services), you acknowledge that you have read and understand these Terms and agree to be bound by them. Both these Terms and separate terms of service or sale documents may apply to your use of the Services or to a sweepstakes, service, or product offered via the Services (Additional Terms). To the extent there is a conflict between these Terms and any Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control unless the Additional Terms expressly state otherwise.
In these Terms, you refers to Adult Users (as defined below) of the Services and purchasers of Accounts (as defined below). An Adult is a person of legal age who can enter into a contract in the state in which the User (as defined below) resides; by purchasing a subscription to, registering for, or using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are an Adult and that you will be responsible for ensuring that any child authorized by you to use and access the Services does so in accordance with these Terms.
Summary Of Key Points
- By purchasing a subscription to, registering an account for, or using the Services, you accept these Terms.
- YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES RATHER THAN GOING TO COURT as set forth in Section 6(B) (Arbitration and Dispute Resolution).
- Your use of the Services is AS IS, without warranty, and will result in no liability to us as set forth in Section 7 (Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties) and Section 8 (Limitations of Liability).
Table Of Contents
- Account, Password, and Payments
- Services Ownership and License
- Content You Submit
- Services and Content Use Restrictions
- Linking to and from Our Services
- Governing Law/Dispute Resolution
- Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
- Limitations of Liability
- Wireless Features
- Submission of Feedback
- General Provisions
Account, Password, and Payments
- Account Users of the Services include Child Users (children under the age of 18 who use or access the Services) and Adult Users (parents and legal guardians of Child Users). Adult Users are responsible for setting up their Child User’s account and subscription to the Services.
- Passwords and Account Access. Every Account has one designated Adult User who must be at least 18 years of age. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Account information. You agree (a) that you will provide complete and accurate registration information about yourself and any individual you authorize to access your Account and keep your Account information up-to-date; (b) that you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account; (c) that you will notify us immediately of any unauthorized Account use; (d) that we are in no way responsible for any loss that you may incur as a result of any unauthorized use of your Account and password; and (e) that you will not sell, transfer, or assign your Account or any Account rights. If we learn that an ineligible User has created an Account, we may seek confirmation of the User’s status or deactivate the Account, without notice to the ineligible User.
Account Fees. We may charge a fee, such as a subscription fee. For existing subscribers, we may change your fee at any time in our sole discretion at the end of your subscription period, provided that we first notify you by email. All fees are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes payable. We may offer promotional trial subscriptions to access the Services for free or at special discounted prices. If you sign up for a trial subscription, your rights to use the Services are limited by the terms of such trial and will terminate or renew according to the terms of your trial arrangement and/or any applicable Additional Terms. Please note that we do not provide price protection or refunds for existing subscribers in the event of a price drop or promotional offering for new subscribers. Failure to pay any fees may result in your inability to access or use the Services.
- Authorization to Charge for Services. You must either use a credit card or other payment mechanism accepted by us (for example, PayPal and Apple’s iTunes Store) (Pay Mechanism) to activate and maintain a paid Account. You authorize us to charge you through the Pay Mechanism that you use when registering for an Account. You will also be responsible for charges (including applicable taxes) for any products or services that you order that are offered for sale through the Services. If we do not receive payment from the Pay Mechanism you use, you agree to pay all amounts due hereunder upon our demand and will be solely responsible for any dispute with your payment provider. Should the Pay Mechanism provided initially be declined for insufficient funds or any other reason, we reserve the right to attempt to recharge the Pay Mechanism in full or in lesser installments of the initially incurred charge for the duration of the Account subscription you selected and for up to an additional 90 days. You will not be charged more than the amount for which you purchased your Account subscription. You will be solely responsible for all overdraft fees and/or penalties that may be assessed by your payment provider. We use a third-party service provider to process payments on our behalf. You acknowledge and agree that in the event the third-party payment processor experiences a data breach that affects your information through no fault of Company, Company will in no way be responsible or liable to you for any such breach.
Services Ownership and License
- Ownership. As between us and you, the Services (including past, present, and future versions) are owned and controlled by us, and their Content is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and other intellectual property rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Content means all text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code displayed on or available through the Services and the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, and arrangement of such materials including, without limitation, (i) materials and other items relating to us and our products and services, including, without limitation, all activities (or quests), printables, characters, photographs, audio clips, sounds, pictures, videos, and animation; (ii) trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks, and trade identities of various parties, including ours (collectively, Trademarks); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property.
- Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms, any applicable Additional Terms, and your payment of any applicable subscription fees, we grant you a limited, nonexclusive, revocable, non-assignable, and nontransferable license (License) to access, display, view, and use the Content on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other internet-enabled device (each, an Internet Device) for your personal, noncommercial use only. The License does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content or the Services, and you cannot otherwise use the Content or the Services without our express prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by us and/or our licensors and other third parties. Except as expressly provided in these Terms or with Company’s express prior written consent, no part of the Services and no Content may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, translated, transmitted, broadcast, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose whatsoever. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Services for any purpose is prohibited.
- Content You Submit
- Services and Content Use Restrictions
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove, edit, or censor any User-Generated Content that violates these Terms. You agree that you will not: (i) engage in any activities, including, without limitation, the uploading, posting, submitting, emailing, or transmitting of User-Generated Content, that (a) attempts to or does harm to us, the Services, or any others; (b) is unlawful, false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, or is otherwise objectionable to us, in our sole discretion; or (c) violates any right of any third party, including, without limitation, the uploading, posting, submitting, emailing, or transmitting of User-Generated Content that violates another person’s intellectual property right, right of privacy, right of publicity, trade secret right, or other proprietary right; (ii) reverse engineer, disassemble, or modify any source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through the Services, install any software, file, or code on the Services that is not authorized by Company, or attempt to do so; (iii) engage in any activity that interferes with a User’s access to the Services or the proper operation of the Services; (iv) access or collect information from the Services using automated means (such as through scripts, robots, scrapers, or spiders); (v) use any meta tags or other “hidden text” utilizing any of our Trademarks; (vi) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Services or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on the use of or access to the Services or its Content; (vii) use the Services for commercial or political purposes; (viii) disclose, harvest, or otherwise collect information, including email addresses or other private information about any third party, including Child Users, without that party’s (or for Child Users, their parent or legal guardian’s) express consent; or (ix) otherwise violate these Terms, or any Additional Terms, or solicit, encourage, or facilitate anyone else to do so.
- Linking to and from Our Services
Linking to or Framing Our Services. When linking to our Services, you must adhere to the following requirements: (i) the link to the Services must not damage, disparage, present false information about or tarnish the goodwill associated with any of our Trademarks, products, services, and/or intellectual property; (ii) the link to the Services must not create the false appearance that your website and/or organization is sponsored by, endorsed by, affiliated with, or associated with us; (iii) no one may “frame” the Services or create a browser environment around any of the Content; and (iv) you may not link to the Services from a website that is unlawful, abusive, indecent, or obscene; that promotes violence or illegal acts; that contains expressions of racism; that is libelous, defamatory, scandalous, or inflammatory; or that we otherwise deem inappropriate in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to prohibit linking to the Services for any reason, in our sole and absolute discretion, even if the linking complies with the requirements described above.
- Links to Other Services and Third Parties. In line with our Child Safe Guarantee, Child Users are blocked from accessing external links, which will only be available if an Adult User enters his or her password. Any interactions, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Services (including those that are linked to from the Services) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to payments, delivery of goods, and warranties), and we disclaim all liability in connection therewith.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, we and our parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, Company Parties), hereby to the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to the following:
- the Services (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Services;
- any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Services;
- whether the Services (and their Content), or the servers that make the Services available, are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Internet Device);
- the specific availability of the Services, and whether any defects in the Services will be repaired or will be repaired in a particular time frame; and
- whether your use of the Services is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY COMPANY PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, including personal injury or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages that are directly or indirectly related to:
- the Services (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
- your use of or inability to use the Services or the performance of the Services;
- the failure of a Child User to learn or otherwise benefit educationally from his or her use of the Services;
- any action taken in connection with an investigation by Company Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Services;
- any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
- any errors or omissions in the Services’ technical operation; or
- any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, inaccuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
- To the maximum extent allowed by law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company Parties from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from: (a) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms; (b) your use of the Services or activities in connection with the Services; (c) your User-Generated Content; (d) your violation of any law, rule, or regulation; or (e) your violation of any third-party rights. The Company Parties reserve the right to assume, at their sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company Parties in asserting any available defenses. You will not, in any event, settle any claim without our prior written consent. If any Child User you authorize to use or access the Services disaffirms any or all of these Terms, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Company Parties harmless for any damages that Company Parties suffer by the Child User’s disaffirmance.
- Wireless Features
The Services may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Internet Device (collectively, Wireless Features). Your carrier may charge standard messaging, data, and other fees, which may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features, and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Internet Device. You agree that as to the Wireless Features for which you are registered, we may send communications to your wireless Internet Device regarding us or other parties. If you have registered via the Services for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify us of any changes to your wireless number (including phone number) and update your Account to reflect the changes.
- Submission of Feedback
Under certain circumstances, we might ask Adult Users for feedback or ideas as to their experiences with our Services. If you choose to provide us with feedback, you acknowledge and agree (i) that you have no expectation of review, compensation, or consideration of any type for any such feedback or ideas; and (ii) we will be free to use and exploit such feedback or ideas in our discretion and without compensation or obligation to you.
- Termination and Suspension. We reserve the right to discontinue the Services or suspend or terminate your access to them, including any Accounts, Chat features, or User-Generated Content submitted by you, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. If any information that you provide, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information that you provide is false, inaccurate, or otherwise violates these Terms or any Additional Terms, then we may suspend or terminate your Account or deny you access to all or part of the Services. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to us, including any payment obligations to us, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any payments. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Services, or upon notice from us, your License to use the Services will terminate immediately.
- Communications. When you communicate with us electronically, such as via a Services communication tool, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. Please note that we will do our best to respond to your inquiry, but it may take us some time. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Operation of Services; International Issues. We control and operate the Services from our headquarters in Nevada, USA. If you use the Services from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply (for example, any local education, regulatory, or data privacy laws). You and we disclaim any application of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed unenforceable by a court or arbitrator, you agree that every attempt will be made to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in that provision, and the remaining provisions contained in such terms will continue in full force and effect. You agree that these Terms, and Additional Terms, will not be construed against us because we drafted them.
- Assignment. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms, or any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms, and any Additional Terms, may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them.
- No Waiver. No waiver by us of any of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be of any force or effect unless made in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer of curaJOY.
- Updates to Terms. We reserve the right to modify these Terms, or any Additional Terms, from time to time in our sole discretion (Updated Terms). You agree that any Updated Terms will be effective immediately upon our posting them on the Services and, if you have an Account, either by displaying an alert next to the link to the Terms, displaying an alert upon log in to the Services, or by directly communicating them to you (e.g., via the email address associated with your Account), provided that (i) any modification to Section 6 related to dispute resolution shall not apply to any Dispute initiated prior to the applicable modification, and (ii) any modification to provisions related to fees and billing shall not apply to fees incurred prior to the applicable modification. If you do not cancel your Subscription to the Services within seven days after receiving notice of Updated Terms as described above, or if you continue to use the Services after receiving notice of Updated Terms, you agree to comply with, and to be bound by, the Updated Terms.
- Contact Us. curaJOY is located in the United States of America, and is the operator of the Services. If you have questions regarding the Terms and issues related to the Services or your Account, you can contact us via mail at the address set forth below:
Attention: Legal Department
304 S. Jones Blvd., Ste 2986 Las Vegas, NV 89107